Friday, January 8, 2010

Love it!

Lately I have been finding all new recipes and making them to see if they are a keeper or if they are no good and thrown in the trash. This recipe is from a ward cookbook that I have and it was SO good! Everyone should try it! It was very easy to make.

Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup


1 1/4 c. chicken broth
10 (6 inch) corn tortilla's, cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 c. green enchilada sauce
1 (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
1 tsp cumin
4 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded or cubed
1 c. half and half
1 tomato, chopped (optional garnish)
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional garnish)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (optional garnish)

Combine chicken stock and tortilla strips in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until soften and broth thickens somewhat. Stir in enchilada sauces and cumin. Stir in chicken and half and half; heat through. Garnish with diced tomato, jalapeno pepper, and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, dorito's or frito's

The garnishes make it even better so use them! I used 4 large chicken breasts and it was too much for me so if they are small use 4 breasts if large I would use 2 or 3.

I am going to try and post my favorite new recipe every week! TRY I said... school starts next week and that means its time for life to get BUSY again! Half way done though so ONLY 2 more semesters to go! YAY! :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love any kind of mexican flava soup. Thanks for the heads up on a new recipe.